Email MeChristina Henley Duncan
I grew up on a farm in the Alto Community outside of Decherd, Tennessee. I attended Franklin county, Tennessee schools and graduated in 1982. I attended Vanderbilt University and majored in history. I graduated from Vanderbilt cum laude in May 1986. I attended law school at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. I received a J.D. with honors.
While in high school and college, I worked for my parents’ building a supply business, but I had always wanted to be a lawyer. While in law school, I clerked for several firms in the Franklin and Coffee County areas.
When I graduated, I began practice with J. Stanley Rogers and Doyle E. Richardson in Manchester, Tennessee. I have maintained this practice consistently for 24 years. Fortunately, I have had many opportunities to represent clients in both state and federal courts. I have also had a very active appellate court practice.
My current practice continues to be focused on litigation. I have an active personal injury practice. I represent persons in Social Security disability. I also represent clients in family law issues, including divorce, child custody, child support, paternity, termination of parental rights, and adoption. I handle the preparation of wills, durable powers of attorney, and living wills. I also probate estates.
My husband, Philip Duncan, and I have been married 25 years. He is a third generation farmer, and we live on the family farm. We have two sons, Forest David Duncan, who attends the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and William Hence Duncan, who is in middle school. I enjoy collecting antiques, reading, flower and vegetable gardening, and cooking. I also enjoy being involved in my sons’ education and extracurricular activities including public speaking, livestock judging, and barbeque competitions.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Family Law
- Social Security
- Will Contests
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Business/Commercial Litigation
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Tennessee, 1989
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1993
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1989
- Honors: With Honors
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
- B.A.cum laude
- Major: History
- Negligent Entrustment: Alive ad Well, But When Should It Be Pled, Trial Lawyer, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member, 1989 - Present
- Tennessee Association for Justice, Member, 1989-present; Board of Governors, 2000-2008
- Coffee County Bar Association, Member, 1989-present; President, 1993-1994
- Board of Professional Responsibility, Hearing Committee, Member, 2009 - Present
- Tennessee Lawyer's Association for Women
- Franklin county Industrial Development Board, 2012 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- CASA Board of Directors, 2011 - Present
- English (Primary)
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Phi Alpha Delta